[GRASS-dev] strange behavior of gselect.Select

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:56:00 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 January 2016 at 04:07, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ok, in my case I'm speaking about a wx.combo.ComboCtrl but probably is
> >> the same. Could I add an option style (set by default to None) in
> >> Select class of gselect.py?
> >>
> > Yes. I have some doubts it will work consistently across all platforms,
> but
> > I can test on Windows if you need.
> >

> Yes please, could you test the attached diff on Windows?
> Is there anyone could test it also on mac?
>
> I tested it on Linux/Debian with wx python version 3.0.1.1 and it
> works correctly.

Hi,

I didn't even get to testing it on Windows, it doesn't work on my Ubuntu:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/anna/dev/grass/trunk1/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/g.gui.tplot",
line 135, in <module>
    main()
  File
"/home/anna/dev/grass/trunk1/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/g.gui.tplot",
line 116, in main
    frame = TplotFrame(parent=None, giface=StandaloneGrassInterface())
  File
"/home/anna/dev/grass/trunk1/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/tplot/frame.py",
line 105, in __init__
    self._layout()
  File
"/home/anna/dev/grass/trunk1/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/tplot/frame.py",
line 230, in _layout
    self.datasetSelectV.Bind(wx.EVT_COMBOBOX_CLOSEUP,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'EVT_COMBOBOX_CLOSEUP'

I have wxpython 2.8.12.1. EVT_COMBOBOX_CLOSEUP was added for wxpython 3, so
I don't think we can use that yet. If you really want it there, you have to
ask for wx version in the code and have two different codes.

Anna