[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2558: wxgui: profile surface map, bivariate scatter plot, histogram of raster map broken with wxPython 3.0.2 but work fine fine with 2.8

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 6 12:13:02 PDT 2016

#2558: wxgui: profile surface map, bivariate scatter plot, histogram of raster map
broken with wxPython 3.0.2 but work fine fine with 2.8
-----------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  humu2015  |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI     |    Version:  7.0.4
Resolution:            |   Keywords:  wxgui
       CPU:  All       |   Platform:  All
-----------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by msieczka):

 Replying to [comment:11 annakrat]:
 > I don't think selecting 2.8 is a good solution.

 Can you explain why you think so?

 > I suggest copying the plot.py file from wx and distribute it with GRASS
 gui.

 How exactly? Which particular
 https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxPython/commits/master/wx/lib/plot.py
 version would you use?

 mlennert complained about some other errors taking place when he tried it.
 I wish we knew what he did and what were those errors.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2558#comment:12>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>