[GRASS-dev] Comment regarding PSC election

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:26:53 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to make a comment regarding the ongoing PSC election.

I got to know how the whole process works only the past days and I must say
I'm rather disappointed. I was happy to see that also users could vote as
Nikos stated in his first email, but then that info was rectified. I read
the emails of grass-psc discussing the matter and also the wiki.

This is my personal opinion and no more than that, but I just think it is a
bit unfair that for not having svn writing access I'm not able to vote. I
don't understand how, as user, I'm entitled to nominate a person for PSC,
but then, I cannot vote. I mean, there are several people with writing
access that have remained inactive for a long time (no contributions to
svn, no answering emails, no commenting on tickets or whatsoever), and
IMHO, while not a developer, I've been pretty active the past 2-3 years.
This is the first time I don't see/feel the community spirit that I've
always praised GRASS for and that was one of the main reasons why I
involved myself in it and spread the love for the project everywhere I
went... and that's sad from my point of view.

Anyway, sorry to bother with this (maybe) biased opinion/feeling, I just
needed to express it. Perhaps in the future, voting could be optional for
users, dunno...

Thanks so much to all of you for making GRASS GIS the great software it is
:)

Best,
Vero