[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2016 - PyQt GRASS - Report 2

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:22:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

> the screenshots looks good. For the code, it might little bit too soon to
> judge it, but just keep in mind the need for design we talked about
> earlier. For some simple help, you can use pylint tool which will demand
> some code style. Start with the file tools/pylintrc.txt in the GRASS source
> code.

yes, I want to write there also some comments etc. And I'll try the pylint.

> When I ran it for v.buffer I see you are using text edit / line edit for
> float even when it is not [multiple]. I think Qt has double spin box which
> you can use. In general, you don't have to fully follow the current look or
> behavior. If you think that something can be done in a better way, do it.
>
> For example, this would be one thing we can reconsider. The shorter
> description (label or description field) shows as the name/label for a
> field while the longer description (description field) shows as a tooltip
> of the label. One improvement could be showing it as a tooltip for the
> input field as well (or perhaps in a completely different way).

I will consider it all. While coding I was experimenting, but everytime I
considered that the original widget = the best widget. Thanks for tips, I
will try it your way. And the tooltip version sounds good. Should I put the
name and type (input=string) upper (where now is description) or on the
right side (as in current version).

Thanks for tips and have a nice time,
Ondrej

Bez