[GRASS-dev] map display enhancement

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:54:29 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:

> Indeed I was thinking of a process at the display driver level. This
> would allow (am I wrong) to mix whatever kind of features (vector,
> raster, labels, ...).

If I understand correctly, the general combination would be more
challenging and would have to implemented in GUI (you can create a ticket).
However, just for the rasters, d.shade probably covers significant part (or
all?) of the use cases. Note that there is also d.to.rast (not advertised
in the GUI but available in the console) which will save anything on the
display (vectors, labels, ...) as a raster map (so you can use d.shade
afterwards).