[GRASS-dev] Opening layer from command line into the current / normal display

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:14:17 PST 2016

Hi,

I am working with GRASS layers from R (using rgrass7), and want to be able
to display multiple maps quickly for quick inspection, without having to
open the map one by one manually from the GRASS layer manager. So I am
running d.mon and d.rast from R, e.g., execGRASS("d.mon", map="mymap").

Disadvantage is that for a monitor started with d.mon there is no layer
manager, so if I open multiple maps, I can not disable a map or change
order of maps. Is there a way to send a map from the command line / R to
the current/normal monitor?

Paulo