[GRASS-dev] db.join script wanted

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:12:50 PST 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 18:56, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 March 2016 at 18:01, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>

> Hi,
>
>> I hope that another developer picks it up add I am traveling...
>>

> I'm working on it, but for me it doesn't work
>
> I'll update you

Ok, I was wrong it works, but there is a problem.

I'm not able to read the new columns. I try to explain you

I imported the two attached csv files (table1 without header and
table2 with header)

db.in.ogr input=/tmp/table1.csv output=table1
db.in.ogr input=/tmp/table2.csv output=table2

db.join table=table1 column=field_1 other_table=table2 other_column=id

db.select table=table1
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: TEXT(1000)
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: TEXT(1000)
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: TEXT(1000)
WARNING: SQLite driver: column 'id', SQLite type 3 is not supported
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: TEXT(1000)
WARNING: SQLite driver: column 'label', SQLite type 3 is not supported
field_1|field_2
1|100
2|100
3|200
4|100
5|200
6|100
7|200
8|200
9|100
10|100

but the table is correct in sqlite3

sqlite3 grassdata/gauss_boaga/lucadelu/sqlite/sqlite.db
SQLite version 3.10.2 2016-01-20 15:27:19
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> select * from table1;
1|100|1|terra
2|100|2|mare
3|200|3|mare
4|100|4|terra
5|200|5|terra
6|100|6|mare
7|200|7|mare
8|200|8|terra
9|100|9|mare
10|100|10|terra
sqlite> .schema table1
CREATE TABLE table1(field_1 CHARACTER, field_2 CHARACTER, id
TEXT(1000), label TEXT(1000));

The problem is the different type of columns, I'll look on the code later

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/