[GRASS-dev] OSGeo-SoC 2016 application

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:27:55 PDT 2016

On 15 March 2016 at 03:54, Yang, Bo (yangb2) <yangb2 at mail.uc.edu> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Bo Yang,

> In addition, I have an idea based on my MA thesis project:
>
> Spatio-temporal fusion of multi-scale data with in a cokriging framework.
>
> This project extends traditional cokriging method for blending spatial data
> sets with different temporal sampling frequency and spatial resolution
> (density). It can be used for both raster data and vector data, effectively
> fill in data gaps due to severe weather condition, instrument malfunction,
> or other reasons, filtering out data noise, and generate reliable results at
> both high spatial resolution and high temporal frequency with associated
> uncertainty estimates.
>
> It would be greatly appreciated if someone interested in my idea and could
> guide me how to get start and prepare the proposal. Thanks for your time and
> I am looking forward to hearing from you.

This is really interesting, In GRASS GIS Temporal Framework [0][1]
already exists a module for raster gapfilling [2], it uses the module
r.series.interp [3]. The idea could be to add a new method in
r.series.interp and a new vector module something like v.series.interp
and after you could add the new functionality to GRASS GIS Temporal
Framework.

I could co-mentor this proposal, maybe Soeren could be a good mentor
for this proposal....

[0] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/temporalintro.html
[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing
[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/t.rast.gapfill.html