[GRASS-dev] changes in r.in.aster

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:07:09 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Carlos Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
> wrote:

> 3 - This line was giving me errors:
>     if platform.system() == "Darwin":
>         cmd = ["arch", "-i386", "gdalwarp", "-t_srs", proj, srcfile,
> tempfile ]
>
> arch: posix_spawnp: gdalwarp: Bad CPU type in executable
>

> This is probably because I run OSC El Cap, which is 64bits. So to get it
> working, I had to ignore this system test and use
>
> cmd = ["gdalwarp", "-t_srs", proj, srcfile, tempfile ]
>
> Nut I'm not sure what would be the best way to keep the test and maintain
> compatibility with older systems. Perhaps a try/except would do.

Try/except sounds like a good solution which is also Pythonic. I think you
should keep if statement there (inside the except).

Here is the history of the file [1, 2]. Perhaps Michael can comment on
whether this check makes even sense now. It is a distribution issue, so if
we can avoid solving it in the source code, it will be good.

Vaclav

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/scripts/r.in.aster/r.in.aster.py?annotate=blame
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/32178