[GRASS-dev] PEP 394 - The "python" Command on Unix-Like Systems

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:08:13 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have fixed these errors, but since these changes are not fixing
>> bugs, I've just reverted them. I will commit these change back to
>> trunk as soon as we can start working on grass72.
> I hope this won't become a common practice. I think trunk is where the
> development happens. It is not a stable branch regardless of any plans.
> Should I also revert all my non-bugfixes from last weeks? If needed, I can
> certainly do that in the 7.2 release branch once thare is one. I just don't
> see need to do this in trunk.

Perhaps I miss-interpreted what Martin said to me in (Re: [GRASS-SVN]
r68140 - in grass/trunk/scripts: d.correlate...):

"personally I would wait with such changes to the moment when we will
create releasebranch_7_2 (two months before planning 7.2. release. For
now I would suggest to revert these changes from trunk. Any opinion?"

no one reply on his question, and therefore I reverted. Perhaps I
should wait longer...

What can I say is that it is quite challenging to maintain such large
changes locally on my pc, with not possibility to commit smaller

Git+pull request, in this case, seems much more flexible.


More information about the grass-dev mailing list