[GRASS-dev] PEP 394 - The "python" Command on Unix-Like Systems

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 29 15:58:59 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have fixed these errors, but since these changes are not fixing
>>> bugs, I've just reverted them. I will commit these change back to
>>> trunk as soon as we can start working on grass72.
>> I hope this won't become a common practice. I think trunk is where the
>> development happens. It is not a stable branch regardless of any plans.
>> Should I also revert all my non-bugfixes from last weeks? If needed, I can
>> certainly do that in the 7.2 release branch once thare is one. I just don't
>> see need to do this in trunk.
> Perhaps I miss-interpreted what Martin said to me in (Re: [GRASS-SVN]
> r68140 - in grass/trunk/scripts: d.correlate...):
> "personally I would wait with such changes to the moment when we will
> create releasebranch_7_2 (two months before planning 7.2. release. For
> now I would suggest to revert these changes from trunk. Any opinion?"
> no one reply on his question, and therefore I reverted. Perhaps I
> should wait longer...

Yes, I think so :-)

> What can I say is that it is quite challenging to maintain such large
> changes locally on my pc, with not possibility to commit smaller
> changes...

Indeed... I think that the changes are relevant for 7.2, so that
should be in trunk now to receive sufficient testing.
We are not in freeze nor anything else at time.

> Git+pull request, in this case, seems much more flexible.

Maybe, but IMHO this would be a different topic.


More information about the grass-dev mailing list