[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Mon May 2 00:10:53 PDT 2016

Michael,

we can look at these issues during our visit at ASU later this month -
Vasek has done quite a bit of work on this and can give you an overview on
what the best approach would be - see here abstract of his talk at FOSS4G
NA

https://2016.foss4g-na.org/session/grass-gis-loves-lidar

Helena

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, the very important "ground" module (filtering for ground
> surface points) requires PCL, but perhaps not VTK which may be mainly for
> the "view"/visualization modules and functions. JSON is only needed for the
> "pipeline" module
>
> Michael
>
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
> Arizona State University
>
> voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu
>

> On Apr 30, 2016, at 4:05 PM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
>
> *From: *Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl>
> *Subject: **Re: [GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning*
> *Date: *April 30, 2016 at 2:41:24 PM MST
> *To: *<grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>

> On 04/30/2016 11:22 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> Note that PDAL needs tons of extra packages including gl2ps, hexer,
> jsoncpp, laszip, netcdf-cxx, nitro, openni, pcl, points2grid, qhull,
> tinyxml, vtk, boost-date-time, boost-system.
>

> You only need all those dependencies if need all the PDAL plugins, core
> PDAL only requires GDAL, the other dependencies are optional.
>
> The pdal Debian package only enables the plugins for which the
> dependencies are available (greyhound, icebridge, python & sqlite). The
> PCL plugin pulls in the enormous and problematic VTK dependency chain
> and has been disabled in the Debian package despite the dependencies
> being available.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208