[GRASS-dev] Added i.landsat8.swlst in grass-addons

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri May 6 06:09:31 PDT 2016

Dear Nikos,

I just tested your i.landsat8.swlst module. Cool stuff!

During my experiments I ran into one issue and identified some (minor) room for speed-ups (mainly replacing g.copy with g.rename). I did not do a full code review but made some suggestions in a pull request on github. I tested all changes and they seem to work fine.

Some other things I noticed beyond my changes:

-        For me the manual did not build locally (meaning it was not available in the GUI)

-        Given the fact that the FROM-GLC data has not been updated for a while (if I did not get the link wrong), I would encourage users to provide their own land cover map, possibly reclassified from topographic maps. The only one available at http://data.ess.tsinghua.edu.cn/ for my scene was not only a couple of years old, but also quite clowdy in addition.

-        The k-flag (keep current computational region) is invers to GRASS standards. Maybe better to switch the behavior?

-        The GUI would – for my taste – benefit from splitting the options over different tabs (guisection). Now most options and flags end up in “optional” which makes it a bit confusing for newcomers to see what is input and what output...

Anyway, great tool!

Cheers

Stefan