[GRASS-dev] IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 6 12:15:37 PDT 2016

On May 6, 2016 8:01 PM, "Yann" <yann.chemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK had a time to look at
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456
>
> Removing the WKT files iau2000.csv & iau2009.csv will stop the wizard new
location based on these IAU files to work. These files are not in GDAL yet
and they are parsed by the New Location wizard on selection of the
IAU-based option. Getting those files in GDAL is rather an issue as yet, I
might have time to do that in the near future (i.e. coming months), but not
in the coming weeks. Please could you restore those files.

Well, while I could restore them the mechanism changed. AFAIK the CSV files
are not read at all any more. Unavoidable to get the projection support
back on stage, see the respective ticket.

Time to get them into GDAL (data/ I suppose)... unless there is a different
solution possible.

Markus