[GRASS-dev] Seeking advices for image segmentation algorithms and windows compile question

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 19 00:06:48 PDT 2016

On 19/05/16 07:52, Yang, Bo (yangb2) wrote:
> 5. Because the module "i.segment" which I am focusing report no error, so I just change to i.segment folder and run "make":
> $ make
> make: Nothing to be done for 'first'.

No need to run make again. Compilaton was already successful for this
module. Otherwise it would have shown up in the error list.

> 6. I suppose run 'make' in "i.segment" folder works and I changed to the binary files in "msys32\usr\src\grass_trunk\dist.i386-w64-mingw32\bin" and run 'i.segment --ui'. But it reported:
> "the program can't start because libgrass_btree2.7.1.svn.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

You cannot run individual GRASS modules unless the environment is set up
to include the necessary paths to libraries, etc.

So, you have to either run the grass71 startup script (grass71svn.bat or
similar), which sets up the environment, and then run i.segment. Or you
have to set up the environment manually [1].

I recommend you stay with the first solution, for now.

Moritz

[1]
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Working_with_GRASS_without_starting_it_explicitly