[GRASS-dev] Seeking advices for image segmentation algorithms and windows compile question

Yang, Bo (yangb2) yangb2 at mail.uc.edu
Fri May 20 08:57:31 PDT 2016

Hi Moritz

> > 4. Then run grass71svn, it reported 3 dll files are missing
> > respectively: "libintl-8.dll/ libsystre-0/ libiconv-2 is missing from
> > your computer";  each time it report one dll missing, I copy this file
> > from "C:\msys64\mingw64\bin" to " C:\OSGeo4W64\bin". I don't know
> why
> > still come dll missing. I installed all the components required in [0]
> >
> > 5. Afterward GRASS can be started in both text mode and g.gui mode.
>
> And you can run i.segment and other modules ?

Yes, I can run i.segment in text mode and i.segment --ui in GUI mode. I also tried i.cluster and i.cluster --ui and they both works.

> > Do you know will it be anything wrong in the future if commenting this line?
>
> This line creates the HTML manual page of your module. So, it won't keep
> your module from running, but you won't have the complete manual page.
>
> Out of curiosity, could you:
>
> - start grass in text mode, navigate to your i.segment folder and run 'make'

C:\msys64\usr\src\grass_trunk\imagery\i.segment>make
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Previously I run 'make' in mingw and it works, seems using OSgeo4w cmd can't run 'make'

> - in text mode run 'g.gisenv' and send us the output

C:\>g.gisenv
LOCATION_NAME=demolocation
GISDBASE=C:\Users\Bo\Documents\grassdata
MAPSET=PERMANENT
GUI=text
PID=6024

Best,