[GRASS-dev] v.info layer option

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:21:19 PDT 2016

Hi Luca,

apparently [0] the layer option is only needed for v.info -c (Print
types/names of table columns for specified layer instead of info and
exit). What information about a vector do you want to get? Note that
vector objects (points, lines, boundaries, areas) are always present,
even if they are not linked to a layer at all. Maybe v.category
option=report is more appropriate for your needs?

A question like this should rather go to the user ml.

Markus M

[0] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/v.info.html