[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2016 - PyQt

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:12:13 PDT 2016

Hi,

thanks for your response.

> Perhaps, it could be useful to have a look at pygrass `Module` class [0],
> that already parse the generated xml and instantiate `Parameter` class [1]
> that validate the input from the user in the `_check_value` function [2].
> So should be possible to dynamically generate a `Qt Widget` from a
> `Parameter` instance and then compose everything in complete final
> `QtWidget`/`QtDialog`. If you think that  in the `Module` / `Parameter`
> class definition something is missing/wrong or bad implemented, after
> discussion, we can change it. They were not developed with this use case in
> mind and perhaps some changes are needed however I do think they are a
> starting point...

Thank you, 'Module' is really nice. I was working with 'task', but 'Module'
looks much better.

> I think that we should support both: PyQt and PySide, and I think you
> should use as primary choice for development Python3, support for Python2
> it is much easier to add later if needed.

Well, I have never worked with Python3. But of course I can try it. It
might be useful to learn it and if you think it's better. I have created
basics in Python2 but it was one week - so it's not thousands of lines. I
can still retype it. Thanks for idea.

I'm studying the rest (thanks, it really helps me),
Ondrej

Bez
virů. www.avast.com
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>