[GRASS-dev] GRASS testsuite

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue May 31 14:08:34 PDT 2016

I've never tried the GRASS test suite, but thought it could be a better way to check binary builds than the ad hoc tests I make now. But I'm not sure how to use it. I looked at the GRASS WIKI but everything about the test suite has been deprecated, even thought it still ships with the GRASS code base.

Is it still in use?

The GRASS gunittest page seems to be about a way to test individual modules, or to test changes to the source code.

My goal is to test a binary to make sure that things work properly before I distribute.

Any advice?

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)