[GRASS-dev] PO file breakage in trunk and 7.2 branch

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 14 05:26:35 PST 2016

Hi Maris,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Markus,
> unfortunately your commit r69811 breaks PO file compilation in trunk.

strange, I recompiled twice using "make distclean" and no issues happened.
What was really broken?

> When fixing typos, PO files should not be touched directly but just
> updated from the fixed source files (make pot && make update-po).

It depends. Single words can be certainly fixed if done both in source
code and po files.
Probably I missed to fix a typo elsewhere in the source code? (would
need the error message to know since it didn't happen here).

> I took the liberty to revert changes to PO files and update them to
> include fixed spelling, still fix_typos script should be updated to
> exclude locale/po directory.

That I already added yesterday:
EXCLUDED_FILES="$EXCLUDED_FILES,*/locale/po/*.po"

> Wops! I see that the change was backported to 7.2 as r69812! The same
> "dance" must be performed there (cd locale/po && svn up -r 69812:69811
> && svn ci && cd .. && make pot && make update-po && svn ci).

I have compiled on the 3rd machine right now and no issue appeared.
However, I'll redo the po files.

Markus