[GRASS-dev] v.select features without category skipped

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:11:13 PST 2016

Hi devs,

this morning I got a problem with v.select, I don't understand if is a
bug or what... I repeated the procedure with north carolina dataset

g.region vect=zipcodes -ap

v.mkgrid map=zipcodes_grid box=10000,10000

v.category zipcodes_grid opt=report
Layer/table: 1/zipcodes_grid
type       count        min        max
point          0          0          0
line           0          0          0
boundary       0          0          0
centroid      42          1         42
area           0          0          0
face           0          0          0
kernel         0          0          0
all           42          1         42

v.select ain=zipcodes_grid bin=zipcodes operator=touches
out=zipcodes_grid_final --o
WARNING: Vector map <zipcodes_grid_final> already exists and will be
         overwritten
Processing features...
 100%
Processing areas...
 100%
Writing selected features...
 100%
Writing attributes...
WARNING: Array of values to select from column <cat> is empty
WARNING: Unable to copy table for layer 1
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to create index:
create unique index  if not exists zipcodes_grid_final_cat on
zipcodes_grid_final ( cat )
no such table: main.zipcodes_grid_final

DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to create index:
create unique index  if not exists zipcodes_grid_final_cat on
zipcodes_grid_final ( cat )
no such table: main.zipcodes_grid_final

WARNING: Unable to create index
WARNING: 97 features from <zipcodes_grid at user1> without category skipped
Building topology for vector map <zipcodes_grid_final at user1>...
Registering primitives...
0 primitives registered
0 vertices registered
Building areas...
 100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 0
Number of primitives: 0
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
v.select complete. 0 features written to output.

is someone able to reproduce the error? if yes I will open a ticket (I
tested both grass70 and grass72, I didn't with trunk)

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org