[GRASS-dev] v.select features without category skipped

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Nov 17 05:30:30 PST 2016

Luca Delucchi wrote
> Hi devs,
>
> this morning I got a problem with v.select, I don't understand if is a
> bug or what... I repeated the procedure with north carolina dataset
>
> g.region vect=zipcodes -ap
>
> v.mkgrid map=zipcodes_grid box=10000,10000
>
> v.category zipcodes_grid opt=report
> Layer/table: 1/zipcodes_grid
> type       count        min        max
> point          0          0          0
> line           0          0          0
> boundary       0          0          0
> centroid      42          1         42
> area           0          0          0
> face           0          0          0
> kernel         0          0          0
> all           42          1         42
>
> v.select ain=zipcodes_grid bin=zipcodes operator=touches
> out=zipcodes_grid_final --o
> WARNING: Vector map
> <zipcodes_grid_final>
>  already exists and will be
>          overwritten
> Processing features...
>  100%
> Processing areas...
>  100%
> Writing selected features...
>  100%
> Writing attributes...
> WARNING: Array of values to select from column
> <cat>
>  is empty
> WARNING: Unable to copy table for layer 1
> DBMI-SQLite driver error:
> Unable to create index:
> create unique index  if not exists zipcodes_grid_final_cat on
> zipcodes_grid_final ( cat )
> no such table: main.zipcodes_grid_final
>
> DBMI-SQLite driver error:
> Unable to create index:
> create unique index  if not exists zipcodes_grid_final_cat on
> zipcodes_grid_final ( cat )
> no such table: main.zipcodes_grid_final
>
> WARNING: Unable to create index
> WARNING: 97 features from <zipcodes_grid at user1> without category
> skipped
> Building topology for vector map <zipcodes_grid_final at user1>...
> Registering primitives...
> 0 primitives registered
> 0 vertices registered
> Building areas...
>  100%
> 0 areas built
> 0 isles built
> Attaching islands...
> Attaching centroids...
> Number of nodes: 0
> Number of primitives: 0
> Number of points: 0
> Number of lines: 0
> Number of boundaries: 0
> Number of centroids: 0
> Number of areas: 0
> Number of isles: 0
> v.select complete. 0 features written to output.
>
> is someone able to reproduce the error? if yes I will open a ticket (I
> tested both grass70 and grass72, I didn't with trunk)

tested with

System Info
GRASS version: 7.3.svn
GRASS SVN revision: r69838
Build date: 2016-11-17
Build platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 2.1.2
PROJ.4: 4.9.3
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.14.1
Python: 2.7.5
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-8-6.2.9200 (OSGeo4W)

v.select ainput=zipcodes_grid at user1 binput=zipcodes_wake at PERMANENT
output=zipcodes_grid_final operator=touches
Processing features...
Processing areas...
Writing selected features...
[...]

same here