[GRASS-dev] man error on compilation

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 10:24:52 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Yann Chemin <dr.yann.chemin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> the error came when I would not flush all containers from previous build.
> If I build with --no-cache, the issue does not come.

Yes, cache seems tricky. I checkout and compile in one step. Longer and
network intensive when you mess up compilation, but ensures clean and fresh
source.

# install GRASS GIS
WORKDIR /usr/local/src
RUN svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk grass \
    && cd grass \
    &&  ./configure \
        --enable-largefile=yes \
        --with-nls \
        --with-cxx \
        --with-readline \
        --with-bzlib \
        --with-pthread \
        --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
        --with-geos=/usr/bin/geos-config \
        --with-cairo \
        --with-opengl-libs=/usr/include/GL \
        --with-freetype=yes
--with-freetype-includes="/usr/include/freetype2/" \
        --with-sqlite=yes \
        --with-liblas=yes --with-liblas-config=/usr/bin/liblas-config \
    && make && make install && ldconfig

> Thanks for the check on empty keywords list

You're welcome.