[GRASS-dev] t.rast.out.xyz not exporting all cells in the computational region

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:38:26 PST 2016

On 29 November 2016 at 15:28, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ciao Lu,

Ciao,

> Yes, of course I have NULL cells... cuac!
>
> So, IIUC, as t.rast.out.xyz is a wraper for r.out.xyz it won't export cells
> with NULL values, and from what I learnt just by trial and error, if the
> time series happens to start with a NULL cell then one gets an empty output.
> Hence, it's only useful for time series without gaps...

yes, most of the temporal module are wrapper for existing modules

> Would that be too complicated to add support to also export NULL cells with
> some symbol such as "*" as other modules use??? Is this worth an enhancement
> ticket?

it seems no, r.out.xyz is a python script using r.stats, r.out.xyz
force to return only no NULL values, but this is a flag in r.stats.

I propose to add a flag to r.out.xyz to permit to export also null
values, what do other devs think?

> Anyway, this should also be mentioned in t.rast.out.xyz manual. I will send
> a diff later today.

wait, maybe we can fix it

--
ciao