[GRASS-dev] instructions for programming of a g.gui.* module

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Oct 17 08:59:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

A computer science student of our university will probably start working
on an active learning framework for image classification in GRASS. This
means (in brief) selecting some pixels/objects and assigning them to a
class, using them to train a machine learning classifier and then
identifying those unclassified pixels/objects that would best improve
the classification if the user assigned them a class.

There will, therefore, be some interaction between the user and the GUI
and I was wondering if there is some howto explaining how to approach
the coding of a g.gui.* module. I know there is the GUI part of the
programmers manual [1], but this is "just" a list of functions and
classes, but no introduction.

Any pointers ?

Thanks !

Moritz