[GRASS-dev] Default behavior of g.list displaying all mapsets content

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Oct 19 02:47:43 PDT 2016

On 19/10/16 11:22, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> currently the default behavior of g.list is to display all the files
> present in all mapsets (which corresponds to g.list mapset=*), without
> indicating where they are.
> I would very much prefer g.list mapset=. as a default behavior, ignoring
> what there is in other mapsets.

-1

For me the current default behaviour, i.e. showing maps of all mapsets
in the current search path is much more useful.

> If this is really not possible, at least specifying the mapset where the
> maps are, if different from the current.
> Perhaps:
>
> g.list vect
> vect1
> vect2
> PERMANENT
> vect3
>
> or:
>
> g.list vect
> vect1
> vect2
> PERMANENT/vect3
>
> What do you think?

Have you seen the '-m' flag ?

And otherwise, the '-p' flag gives you pretty printed output by mapset.

I guess we could discuss whether '-p' should be the default...

There was a discussion about these questions on the ML at the time:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-October/071381.html

Moritz