[GRASS-dev] Adding an expert mode to the parser

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:27:57 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> when doing each job in its own mapset and reintegrate it in a single
> target mapset as if able to process then in parallel in one mapset by
> simply specifying the respective region to the command of interest.
> Yes, different from the current paradigm and not for G7.

I think, we can accommodate this behavior in G7. In fact, each command can
run with a separate region even now. It can set it on its own, take it from
GRASS_REGION or WIND_OVERRIDE. But if you are talking about automatic
patching, that's of course different.

> But my original comment was targeted at the increasing number of
> module parameters and how to handle that (with some new HPC related
> idea as an example).

I think we need to talk about specific use cases and decide based on that.
For some, Advanced or HPC tab might be enough. Some others might be better
addressed by a specific global options like what Soeren just suggested (in
the style of --overwrite).