[GRASS-dev] Upcoming 7.2.0: review which addons to move to core

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Sep 29 14:49:28 PDT 2016

Hi,

This discussion is actually a bit old, but maybe it is not too late to consider adding selected addons to trunk?

>From my personal user point of view the r.streams.* modules and r.geomorphon are indeed top candidates for inclusion in core!

However, also:

i.segment.hierarchical (though manual is not yet complete)
v.class.mlpy (drawback: requires mlpy library) or v.class.ml and
r.randomforest
could nicely complement the image classification tools in GRASS.

r.gwr would strengthen the general modeling power of GRASS.

The wx.metadata modules would be very relevant for institutional users too, but I guess the currently numerous dependencies prohibit to move them to core...

Cheers
Stefan