[GRASS-dev] Upcoming 7.2.0: review which addons to move to core

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Sep 30 00:19:14 PDT 2016

On 29/09/16 23:49, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> This discussion is actually a bit old, but maybe it is not too late to
> consider adding selected addons to trunk?
>

> From my personal user point of view the r.streams.* modules and
> r.geomorphon are indeed top candidates for inclusion in core!
>

> However, also:
>

> i.segment.hierarchical (though manual is not yet complete)

I've been working on trying to understand the exact functioning of the
module and on writing some documentation on this, but this has been
side-tracked by the many other priorities at work...

> v.class.mlpy (drawback: requires mlpy library) or v.class.ml and
>
> r.randomforest
>
> could nicely complement the image classification tools in GRASS.

+1

In the same line, it might be nice to add:

i.segment.stats and r.object.geometry.

And possibly also v.class.mlR and i.segment.uspo...

Moritz