[GRASS-dev] Upcoming 7.2.0: review which addons to move to core

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:14:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

added my feelings (biased towards remote sensing, I admit)

+1 => r.streams.*
+1 => r.geomorphon
+0 => i.segment.hierarchical (+1 if manual complete)
+0 => v.class.mlpy
+1 => v.class.ml
+1 => r.randomforest
+1 => i.segment.stats
+1 => r.object.geometry
+0 => v.class.mlR
+0 => i.segment.uspo (but +1 if r.neighborhoodmatrix is included in core)
+1 => i.landsat8.*
+1 => i.spec.sam
+1 => i.edge
+1 => i.histo.match

On 30 September 2016 at 09:19, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
wrote:

> On 29/09/16 23:49, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> This discussion is actually a bit old, but maybe it is not too late to
>> consider adding selected addons to trunk?
>>

>> From my personal user point of view the r.streams.* modules and
>> r.geomorphon are indeed top candidates for inclusion in core!
>>

>> However, also:
>>

>> i.segment.hierarchical (though manual is not yet complete)
>>

> I've been working on trying to understand the exact functioning of the
> module and on writing some documentation on this, but this has been
> side-tracked by the many other priorities at work...
>

> v.class.mlpy (drawback: requires mlpy library) or v.class.ml and
>>
>> r.randomforest
>>
>> could nicely complement the image classification tools in GRASS.
>>

> +1
>
> In the same line, it might be nice to add:
>
> i.segment.stats and r.object.geometry.
>
> And possibly also v.class.mlR and i.segment.uspo...
>
> Moritz

Yann Chemin
Skype/FB: yann.chemin