[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3320: d.text does not show anything with screen position in geographic coordinates or pixels

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 5 19:50:29 PDT 2017

#3320: d.text does not show anything with screen position in geographic
coordinates or pixels
--------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  wenzeslaus   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Display      |    Version:  7.2.0
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  d.text d.graph
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by annakrat):

 Replying to [comment:4 hcho]:
 > I found the default at=50,50 in DtextController in decorations.py. The
 default for d.text is actually the upper-left corner. This option is empty
 in GUI, so at=50,50 is totally unexpected. I think it shouldn't have any
 hard-coded default. Because of this forced default, we cannot run:
 > {{{
 > d.text input=text.txt
 > }}}
 > to display text from the upper-left corner.

 Positioning in GUI is handled separately, because it needs to be more
 interactive. The 50,50 is there to make sure the entire text is rendered
 and not cut off anywhere. Flags -p and -g won't work here easily, the GUI
 would have to recompute the coordinates. But that should be a separate
 ticket I think.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3320#comment:6>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>