[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3320: d.text does not show anything with screen position in geographic coordinates or pixels

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 5 21:04:46 PDT 2017

#3320: d.text does not show anything with screen position in geographic
coordinates or pixels
--------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  wenzeslaus   |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  Display      |    Version:  7.2.0
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  d.text d.graph
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by hcho):

 Not only in GUI, it happens in d.mon wx0 as well (command line monitor).
 Flags -p and -g don't work both in g.gui GUI and d.mon WX monitors. They
 only work for direct cairo and png. Would it be difficult to fix -p & -g
 in GUI & d.mon WX monitors?

 Also, I don't understand why forcing the default position at the center
 (50%,50%) would make sure the entire text is rendered without being cut
 off. We're losing a lot more space by placing text at the center instead
 of starting it from the upper-left corner. We also lost the capability of
 starting from the default upper-left corner because now we have to guess
 where that would be and type it in the at option. That's not ideal at all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3320#comment:7>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>