[GRASS-dev] GRASS-GIS 6.4.3 Error in GUI startup

Tung Nguyen tungkttv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:29:34 PDT 2017

Thank you very much for the reply Luca and Markus!

I know GRASS-GIS 7 is a big improvement from 6 but the program I'm using
only works with 6 :/

Luca was right about the Python version. The system used the anaconda
python version

$ which python
~/anaconda2/bin/python

whereas all the other libraries were originally installed to other version
of python

$ /usr/bin/python --version
Python 2.7.6

I tried to change the default python version back to 2.7.6 following some
guides to no avail (for example here:
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-change-from-default-to-alternative-python-version-on-debian-linux
).
In the end, removing anaconda completely solved the problem

$ rm -rf ~/anaconda2

Best regards,

Tung

--