[GRASS-dev] r.pi installation fails

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 27 01:27:32 PDT 2017

On 26/04/17 23:17, Markus Metz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:
>> If r.pi.index allowed an output of all indicators directly to text
> file this could possibly supersede r.object.geometry. No need to
> maintain two similar modules, or ?
>
> Be aware that the r.pi modules are *not* maintained, while
> r.object.geometry is being maintained. I would rather remove r.pi
> modules if their functionality is also covered by other modules.

[...]

> IMHO, the original authors need to test the r.pi modules first and
> provide feedback including more documentation on the intended behaviour
> of the r.pi modules.

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought your effort of porting to grass7 was a
sign that they were maintained.

If that's not the case, let's wait for the authors to react (Martin, are
you still listening to this list ?). Potentially these are nice metrics
to have, both for landscape analysis, but also for OBIA, so it would be
great to have someone who maintains them.

Moritz