[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3389: g.gui: UnicodeEncodeError when writing a workspace file including non-ASCII characters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 7 11:15:44 PDT 2017

#3389: g.gui: UnicodeEncodeError when writing a workspace file including non-ASCII
characters
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  lrntct       |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  7.2.0
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Linux
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:3 lrntct]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 hellik]:
 > > Replying to [ticket:3389 lrntct]:
 > > > I've a workspace with two vector files. Saving it worked fine until
 I added a non-ASCII character in a WHERE field:

 > > which grass version are you using?
 >
 > I'm using 7.2.0
 >
 > Indeed #3275 and #3340 seems related (if not equal).
 > I searched for keywords before filling the ticket, but did not find them
 because the message is in French in those.

 > If I understand well, this issue should be fixed in 7.2.2 ?

 according to the tickets yes. testing the newer version very welcome.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3389#comment:4>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>