[GRASS-dev] openMP support in GRASS GIS

Jaro Hofierka jhofierka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 12:38:22 PDT 2017

Hi Anna,

many thanks! Please keep it in addons for a while, as it is referenced
in the paper. Yes it is possible to use it in r.sim.sediment as well
because actually we have parallelized the simulation library (simlib)
used by r.sim.sediment as well. But it needs some modification of
Makefile and main.c to include openMP. Otherwise it runs without OpenMP.
Also please note that I have changed the maximum number of walkers in
waterglobs.h to 20 million from 7 million. This might be needed to
compute large grids, but the simulation algorithm should be checked
because sometimes it reports error (nwalk > maxw) when assigns walkers
(this is not related to openMP).

Best wishes,

Jaro

Anna Petrášová napísal(a):