[GRASS-dev] openMP support in GRASS GIS

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 11:07:26 PDT 2017

Dear Jaro and all,

During recent code sprint in Boston I ported r.sim.water.mp to GRASS
r.sim.water and r.sim.sediment. I tested it with r.sim.sediment and it
seems to work, so let me know if there are any reasons parallelization
shouldn't be used with r.sim.sediment. I removed all the commented
parts which you probably put there during experimenting. I didn't
remove the version in addons, because you have it linked in your
paper, but maybe we should put a note in the r.sim.water.mp manual,
that the latest version is in the core? As for r.sun, when I have
time, I will look at it.

Anna