[GRASS-dev] Deactivate lidar modules in winGRASS?c

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Dec 14 08:16:54 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
> > deactivated now lidar modules in winGRASS 32bit and 64bit by:
> >
> > [GRASS-SVN] r71920 - grass/trunk/mswindows/osgeo4w   svn_grass at
> > osgeo.org
> > [GRASS-SVN] r71921 - grass/branches/releasebranch_7_4/mswindows/osgeo4w
> > svn_grass at osgeo.org
> > [GRASS-SVN] r71922 - grass/trunk/mswindows/osgeo4w   svn_grass at
> > osgeo.org
> > [GRASS-SVN] r71923 - grass/branches/releasebranch_7_2/mswindows/osgeo4w
> > svn_grass at osgeo.org
> >
> > in a mid term, a fix of the liblas/libzip tools in OSGeo4W is needed.
>
> taken from the related OSGeo4W ticket:
>
> -------------------
> hobu:
>
> This was caused by me. I updated LASzip, but libLAS hasn't been updated to
> use the new LASzip API. You'll have to revert to the LASzip 2.2.0 version
> use libLAS
> ------------------
>
> the winGRASS build environment there are 2 choices now:
>
> - compilation works with the the buggy liblas/laszip due to my fixes above,
> though no lidar modules
> - build environment reverts back to the LASzip 2.2.0 version to use libLAS
>
> I think the latter course of action is better in the short term.  Howard,
Would this affect other software?

Doug

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Dev-f3991897.html

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
551F Pylon Dr
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.
*NOTE: This email correspondence and any attachments to and from this
sender is subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and may be
disclosed to third parties.*​