[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 20 08:31:02 PST 2017

On 20/12/17 14:51, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On 20 December 2017 at 13:35, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, if I'm a bit dense here: when you change the text of a message in
>> trunk, then if transifex only covers trunk then you only get the translation
>> of the trunk version, or ? How does this "cover all the different versions"
>> ?
>
> ok I understood, so we have to choose between:
> - choose one version to use, probably the best idea is to use the last
> stable version
> - create a project for each version (but I don't know if we are able
> to get translations from previous)
> - if we use trunk we have to backport text changes to stable version

I agree that we do not have to guarantee that the development version is
translated. IMHO, priority for translation should go to the stable, or
soon-to-be version which would mean that as soon as we create a release
branch, translations should be maintained for this release branch as
long as it is supported, but any old release branch should be in strict
bug-fix only mode as soon as a new release is out, so message strings
should not change much.

Does that sound feasible ?

Moritz