[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 01:24:53 PST 2017

If I understood correctly, the proposed workflow is to switch
Transifex to 7.4 branch and keep it there till 7.6 branch is created.
Sounds OK.

Here is a quick list of TODOs:
* provide a script to run before each stable release that pulls
translated messages from Transifex and replaces(!) PO files in SVN. It
is important to replace existing PO files with Tx version to prevent
generation of fuzzy entries in the final PO file;
* update documentation:
** How to release;
** locale/README;
** Wiki & web page;
* document how switching between branches should be done.

As for any team willing to translate only in SVN (that's me) – only
the pulling script will have to be modified to exclude language while
pulling translations from Transifex. That's really easy and I'll do
that as soon as the script is in place.

Māris.