[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 04:11:11 PST 2017

On 21 December 2017 at 10:24, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understood correctly, the proposed workflow is to switch
> Transifex to 7.4 branch and keep it there till 7.6 branch is created.
> Sounds OK.

+1

> Here is a quick list of TODOs:
> * provide a script to run before each stable release that pulls
> translated messages from Transifex and replaces(!) PO files in SVN. It
> is important to replace existing PO files with Tx version to prevent
> generation of fuzzy entries in the final PO file;

this could be done with un update to grass-addons/tools/transifex_merge.sh

> * update documentation:
> ** How to release;
> ** locale/README;
> ** Wiki & web page;
> * document how switching between branches should be done.
>
> As for any team willing to translate only in SVN (that's me) – only
> the pulling script will have to be modified to exclude language while
> pulling translations from Transifex. That's really easy and I'll do
> that as soon as the script is in place.

ok, this should work, another way could be to use transifex client to
push the new data in transifex, this is also required for changes like
the one done by markus neteler [0]

I tried with tx push [1], but this sucks, I asked to transifex support...

[0] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset?reponame=&new=71766%40grass%2Fbranches%2Freleasebranch_7_2%2Flocale%2Fpo%2Fgrasswxpy_fr.po&old=71470%40grass%2Fbranches%2Freleasebranch_7_2%2Flocale%2Fpo%2Fgrasswxpy_fr.po
[1] https://docs.transifex.com/client/push

--
ciao
Luca