[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: align to resolution by default

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:56:08 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

>:
> > So, when I want to grab the extend from a vector map but want to keep
the pixels from my DEM I do:
> > g.region -p vector=vect_map align=rast_map
>
> hm, you are right. wxGUI could use this command when user sets
> computation region based on two map layers (one vector, one raster).

The above example does not set the region from two map layers (one vector,
one raster), that would be g.region -p vector=vect_map raster=rast_map.
Instead, it sets the region extents from a vector and aligns the region to
a raster. That is a big difference.

IMHO, the GUI should not try to be too clever about how to adjust the
computational region, instead users should be clever about how to adjust
the computational region because changed region settings can cause
unexpected results.

Markus M