[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: align to resolution by default

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:26:21 PST 2017

Hi,

> The above example does not set the region from two map layers (one vector,
> one raster), that would be g.region -p vector=vect_map raster=rast_map.
> Instead, it sets the region extents from a vector and aligns the region to a
> raster. That is a big difference.

yes, I am saying that this operation is not straightforward in wxGUI,
user need to do several steps

1) set comp region from raster
2) go to settings, enable -a flag\
3) set comp region from vector
4) probably disable -a

> IMHO, the GUI should not try to be too clever about how to adjust the
> computational region, instead users should be clever about how to adjust the
> computational region because changed region settings can cause unexpected
> results.

Hm, I added to wxGUI new item to "Set computational region from
selected vector(s) align to raster" (r70276). This is enabled only
when user selects vector(s) and one raster map together. If it make
sense to you I will backport to relbr72.

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa