[GRASS-dev] v.what.rast: topology really necessary?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:26:02 PST 2017

Hi Stefan,

> After repeated testing, a colleague of mine pointed out that I know occupy almost all available PostGIS connections on our server.
> It seems that connections hang from testing and that either v.external or v.what.rast does not close the PG connection properly after the module finishes... Or are there other possible explanations?

I would guess that the command which segfauls could be a problem. I
tested all the commands including v.what.rast which segfaults and
check number of active connection via pg_top. No connection hanged
even I launched the command with segfault.

> Where should I look to find the source of the issue?

Install pgtop on the server, login as postgres user and run pg_top
command. It will show you number of active connection. Run GRASS
command and check number of connection.

Martin

--
Martin Landa