[GRASS-dev] v.clean threshold value unit for 'prune'

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 02:03:35 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using the v.clean tool with the option "prune". According to the
manual, threshold values have to be in map units. I am using this with a
latlon map with vertices as close as 0.0001 degrees. However, v.clean only
removes vertices at threshold values of about 50 or up. This seems to
suggest that the tools assumes threshold values are in meters?

The prune tool of v.clean never really worked. Please use v.generalize
instead.

Markus M