[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC Week 06 Report: GRASS Locations from Public Data

Zechariah Krautwurst zfkrautw at ncsu.edu
Sun Jul 9 13:30:48 PDT 2017

WEEK 06: JULY 03 - JULY 07
GRASS GIS Locations from Public Data
Zechariah Krautwurst

ACCOMPLISHED
- Added functionality to handle unique formatting across multiple NED
source dates. [1]
- Created dynamic data dictionary for all USGS data sources from TNM API
GET request [not pushed to repo]
- Created universal method of indexing and downloading .img file from USGS
zip archive[1]
- Refined error handling and GRASS messages for single vs multiple tiles [1]
- Discussed clean-up functionality and project development with mentors
[1]
https://github.com/zkwurst/GSoC2017-GRASS-GIS/blob/master/r.in.usgsned/r.in.usgsned.py

NEXT WEEK
- Finalize stable version of r.in.usgsned
- Create hard-coded data dictionaries for r.in.usgs data products
- Alter clean-up function to remove .img tiles, keep zip
- Integrate best interpolation methods for data types during r.import

CHALLENGES
- NOTE: Most recent version of script is not functioning due to incomplete
changes. Will make sure from now on to always push a universally functional
version of the script.
- NOTE 2: I will be unavailable 07/12 - 07/21. I will submit next week's
report EOD 07/11 and will not submit a report for the following week.