[GRASS-dev] Managing the translations with Transifex

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jun 27 00:08:19 PDT 2017

On 26/06/17 20:37, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2017 11:44 PM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org
> <mailto:neteler at osgeo.org>> wrote:

> in r71148.
>>
>> ... apparently no issues since nobody complained.
>> So I can make it a cronjob at this point?
>
> ?
>
>> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com
> <mailto:maris.gis at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > The most easy solution is to just nuke (empty) offending translations
>> > in any text editor as those errors make them unusable anyway.
>>
>> ok, hope someone will take care.
>
> ?

>> Opinions concerning this backport are still desired, thanks.
>
> ?
>
> I think it would be nice to get answers here in order to use (as
> planned) the translation work done through transifex...

Sorry, Markus, but on my side, I'm just currently completely ignorant
about translation procedures and issues in GRASS. I didn't even know we
had a solution via transifex (which is great BTW !)...

With this ignorance in mind, I would say:

- Activate the cron job. If it fails, we'll repair.

- I don't know what the issue concerning empty translations is about.

- I don't know what the issue concerning the choice between msgmerge and
transifex_merge.sh, and the backport, is about. I don't even know where
to find these files.

So, in short: if you want feedback on such issues from all of us a bit
more explanation of the issues might be necessary.

And from my ignorance a question: why don't we "just" move all
translation to transifex and so avoid the need for merges between
translations from different sources.

Moritz