[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2017 - SOS tools

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:35:20 PST 2017

On 8 March 2017 at 11:09, Ondřej Pešek <pesej.ondrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Ondrej

> I am Ondrej Pesek, a student at CTU in Prague (studying master studies in
> geomatics) and I would like to participate in GSoC 2017.
>
> I am most interested in the SOS topic [1]. I will work during summer in NINA
> where I should work with istSOS, So I'm thinking about istSOS also in this
> topic.

happy to see someone interested... maybe your supervisor in NINA could
be also the co-mentor or he could be the mentor and me as co-mentor
;-)

> I prefer something in python as I made my bachelor thesis in python (aerial
> data shift on a trajectory - plugin for QGIS) and I participated in last
> GSoC (PyQt based GUI for GRASS), but I have also basic knowledge of C++ and
> now I'm trying to get little bit familiar with Java.
> I have no experiences with SOS but I'm open to learn new skills.

If you want to follow my idea, I suggest you to start to work with SOS
specially through owslib to see what is the limit of this library and
to be able to prepare a good GSOC timetable, the first weeks could be
spent to improve owslib.
For example this issue [0] could be useful to implement

I (or someone I know) can provide a server or you could install easily
istSOS on your computer and make tests using it.

Please ask me for any issue, privately or here...

[0] https://github.com/geopython/OWSLib/issues/347

--
ciao
Luca