[GRASS-dev] Introduction for GSoC 2017

Rachit Kansal rachitkansal1995 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 02:02:56 PDT 2017

Hi, I'm Rachit Kansal, 4th year Computer Science student from BITS Pilani,
India. I hope I'm not late to make the contact. I would like to give a
small brief about myself.

I am proficient in Python and have good experience in GUI programming using
PyQT as well in GIS (specifically QGIS). I have developed couple of plugins
for QGIS during my internship period at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
(ISRO)-Geoinformatics Department. ). I also have good experience with
various python libraries like Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras,
Matplotllib, Scrapy, etc.

I'm interested in contributing to the GRASS GIS for GSOC 17. I am looking
forward to working on the project “Additional GUI tools for image analysis”.

I would like to get further details regarding the project and what kind of
new GUI tools are required?