[GRASS-dev] Introduction for GSoC '17

Anisha Godha anishagodha16 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 04:55:46 PDT 2017

Hi

My name is Anisha and I am a fourth year student in Geological Technology
at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. This January, I built an ArcGIS
plug-in in Python that automates the Laminar Flow Model method to give a
glacier's thickness distribution raster. For my thesis, I will be working
around developing a framework that gives recommendation for specific
Spatial Interpolation Techniques based on user dataset.

When I learnt about some of the project ideas listed by OSGeo, I was
extremely eager to be a part of this open source community. I am especially
interested in 'Additional GUI tools for Image Analysis', since I think
these enhancements will make the interface very user-friendly. I have less
familiarity with GRASS-GIS but I am keen on picking it up soon.

Thanks, and I hope to make a good contribution.

Anisha